Finding a great Vegan Cheese Recipe is like finding a pot of gold. I have tried many, this one ranks high. Use it on pizza, wraps, enchiladas, dribble it on salads, nachos etc…
It’s super simple a small octopus could make it (and they would probably be faster).
- 2 Cups of potatoes, sliced small.
- 1 Cup of carrots, sliced small.
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1/3 Cup of olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. salt (depending on your tastebuds, the original was 2tsp and it was too salty for me.)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 Cup of Nutritional Yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder (optional, I use this one)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (optional.)
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional, this adds a nice spice)
- Cook potatoes and carrots till they are nice and soft.
- Stick it all in a High Speed blender for 43.23 seconds (well at least 30 seconds).
- Easy peasy.
- Lasts about a week in the fridge. Mine usually lasts 2 days because I eat it all!
I originally found the recipe on RecipesWays – see here.