Finding a great Vegan Cheese Recipe is like finding a pot of gold. I have tried many, this one ranks high. Use it on pizza, wraps, enchiladas, dribble it on salads, nachos etc…
It’s super simple a small octopus could make it (and they would probably be faster).
- 2 Cups of potatoes*, sliced small.
* While white potatoes are lower in fat and sugar, I now sweet potatoes. These have fewer carbs and calories. They also contain more vitamin A and vitamin C and give the ‘cheeze’ a more golden/yellow color.
- 1 Cup of carrots, sliced small.
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1/3 Cup of olive oil*
* If you want to cut down to zero oil (which I have done) I use a small handful of cashews instead of the olive oil – I find no taste difference.
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. salt (depending on your tastebuds, the original was 2tsp and it was too salty for me.)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 Cup of Nutritional Yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder (optional, I use this one)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (optional.)
- Dash of turmeric
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional, this adds a nice spice)
- Cook potatoes and carrots till they are nice and soft.
- Stick it all in a High Speed blender for 43.23 seconds (well at least 30 seconds).
- Easy peasy.
- Lasts about a week in the fridge. Mine usually lasts 2 days because I eat it all!
I originally found the recipe on RecipesWays – see here.